We are so excited to be joining forces with Outer Banks Yoga to offer this experiential and interactive program is ideal for aspiring yoga teachers and anyone seeking a journey of self-discovery and transformation. We will explore yoga philosophy, root more firmly in the physical practice of yoga, and begin a path to teaching if desired.
This is the beginning of a lifelong transformative journey that will fully awaken you to who you are and heighten your ability to create a life you love.
Program Director & Lead Instructor Anne Howard eRYT-500 YACEP A beloved teacher with over 10,000 hours of experience, Anne leads classes that are ever-evolving and challenging, yet balanced with softness, relaxation and humor. In addition to her 500-hr RYT certification, Anne is also a certified continuing education provider (YACEP) and teaches Yoga for Trauma, Yoga for Kids and Prenatal Yoga.
WHO IS THIS VINYASA YOGA TRAINING DESIGNED FOR:
Vinyasa Yoga is a popular yoga style defined by a linkage of the breath and movement while inhabiting a meditative space – a moving meditation. There are a variety of vinyasa styles ranging from vigorous to a slow flow, but this linking of breath and movement anchors the asana practice.
This interdisciplinary vinyasa training is designed for:
- Those who seek a more challenging and inspirational asana practice and style of teaching.
- Those who wish to immerse themselves in yoga theory, methodology, and philosophy.
- The chronologically young and those of any age who are young at heart and wish to remain
physically active, injuries and physical challenges notwithstanding! Modifications are available
to everyone, making yoga accessible to all.
- Those seeking to transform their lifestyle through physical activity (the asanas) as well as
meditative and spiritual practices (8 limbs).
- Those with a desire to learn and share more of the wisdom and philosophy of yoga teachings.
Our Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training students have ranged in age from 19-68 and we recognize the immense value of a diverse group of students! Does this sound like you? We hope you’ll join us!
Our program schedule includes more than 220 hours of training, which meets and exceeds the Yoga Alliance standards for their 200-hour certification and puts any instructor on a path toward a 500-hour certification. Our program is designed as an inter-disciplinary approach to yoga with a broad focus on various asana techniques and an emphasis on a gentle, meditative style of practice. A deep exploration of modifications, an Iyengar-style use of props, pranayama, and yoga philosophy will be included.
We appreciate yoga in all its forms and intend to share a deep understanding of the primary traditions and theories while encouraging students to find their own yogic voice and comfort within the practice.
AN OVERVIEW OF WHAT’S INCLUDED:
- Anatomy + Physiology
- Sanskrit Translations & Mythology
- Lyengar-style Propping
- Ashtanga: Introduction Primary Series
- The 8 Limbs of Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Yoga for all ages – children to seniors
- Pre- and Post-Natal Yoga
- Mantra + Chanting
- Yoga Philosophy + Lifestyle + Nutrition
- Development of Teaching Style
- The Art of Sequence
- Chakras, Koshas, Kleshas, Elements
- Yoga as a Business, Ethics
Very few experiences in life alter its course in such a powerful, unexpected, and beautiful way. Outer Banks Yoga’s Teacher Training brilliantly taught by world-class instructor Anne Howard is absolutely one of them. —sentiments from a 200-hour graduate
- An ongoing yoga practice – 2-3 times a week for a minimum of one year prior to program
- A lifelong love of learning about the mind, body & spirit connections
Requirements for Program Completion and Certificate Award
- Full attendance and participation in all scheduled classes and make-up sessions
- Completion of all mandatory homework assignments, including required readings
- Completion of student teaching, assisting & observing assignments
- Karma Yoga project completion
- Completion of program evaluation
- Myths of the Asanas: The Ancient Origins of Yoga – Alanna Kaivalya
- The Tree of Yoga – B. K. S. Iyengar
- Yoga Anatomy-2nd Edition – Leslie Kaminoff
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali: With Great Respect and Love – Mukunda Stiles
- The Bhagavad Gita – Eknath Easwaran
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice – T. K.V. Desikachar
- I Heard God Laughing: Poems of Hope and Joy – Hafiz, Daniel Ladinsky (Translator)
This is a 3-week, in-person immersion program, perfect for students who want to complete their training all at once. The dates may be refined as the students gather and we can align the schedule best for everyone. After the end of the 3-week immersion, an additional four hours will be proposed to reconnect and share experiences outside of our class time. Dates and times will be determined during the first week of training.
Friday, Sept 24 | 5:00 – 8:00 pm
Saturday, Sept 25 – Fri, Oct 1 | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Monday, Oct 4 – Fri, Oct 8 | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Monday, Oct 11 – Sun, Oct 17 | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Regular Pricing: $2950
(begins July 17th)
(see dates below)
DUE: July 10:
$225 non-refundable deposit
DUE: July 17-24: $1000.
Aug 17-24: $1000.
Sept 17-24: $1000.
- Refunds will be issued at 100% minus the non-refundable $225 deposit up to two weeks prior to program
- Cancellations received within the two-week period prior to the start date are not refundable. Fees may
be credited to future programs if booked within a 12-month period.
- Once the program has started, withdrawal from training results in loss of all fees paid.