What Do I Need To Know?
When you take one of our classes, we’re not focusing on perfection. Your yoga practice is exactly that – YOURS. And the goal for us at Shine is to ensure that you feel moved – toward better health, toward higher levels of joy, understanding, and compassion – so that when you come off the mat, you feel like you can move mountains.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of your first class. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of all subsequent classes.
- Please place your belongings – shoes, keys, and bags – in a cubby before entering the practice room.
- Please remember to silence your cell phone.
- You should bring a yoga mat, a bottle of water, and a positive attitude.
- If you need to step out of class, that’s okay! Please try to leave during a period of rest. If you plan to leave early, please sit by the door and leave quietly during a period of rest – preferably before the final rest.
Honor Your Body!
Yoga is a personal practice, not a competitive or comparative one. Each of us has our own individual levels of strength, flexibility, and experience. That’s what makes the practice so much fun! Your body may express the postures in a way that is unique to just you. So do not push it too far, too soon. You are the only one who knows how you’re feeling at any moment, so listen to the wisdom of your body and take care of yourself. Never force yourself into any posture and modify wherever necessary. No posture is worth injury.
- We respectfully ask that you sign up for classes at least one hour prior to class time; doing so ensures that your mat space will be reserved and you’ll be guaranteed a spot in class.
- Missed reservations not canceled one hour (or more) prior to class time will be charged full drop-in rate.
- *Weather Policy: Please check our FB page or Wellness Living for any immediate closings due to inclement weather.
Beach Yoga at Sandbridge:
This creative class is a blend of movement and breath, incorporating different modalities to find restoration and relaxation, letting go of the week behind and setting up for the week ahead! Each class will be centered around those who sign up and may include elements of Vinyasa and Yin, dancing and stillness, tapping and massage or Reiki, essential oils and crystals – the sky is the limit.
This is a multi-level class open to anyone who needs to shake off the dust, connect to the breath and begin to find ease in their day and in the week ahead!
Gentle Flow and Meditation:
Nothing is so strong as gentleness; nothing so gentle as real strength. ~St Francis de Salas
Intended to both relax and strengthen the body while quieting the mind, this class will encourage a deeper, introspective appreciation for the physical body through slow and intentional movement. Dedicated time for breathwork and meditation will enhance breath awareness and promote the silencing of the thinking mind. Consider this class your devoted time to nurture the mind, body and spirit!
This is a softer, nurturing class with slow, gentle movements incorporating prompts to open up the body. Modifications will be given to make poses suitable for all levels. The perfect class to unwind and relax at the end of the day.
Inside Flow is a Vinyasa class that moves with the music and embodies the energy of the song to help you experience a flow like state of mind without any resistance.
Some knowledge of yoga is strongly recommended.
If you RESTORE balance in your own self, you will be contributing immensely to the healing of the world. ~Deepak Chopra
Restorative yoga is a deeply relaxing and receptive practice in a compassionate environment that is welcoming to all. Poses will be propped and held for longer periods leading to a positive shift in mental and physical health. Perfect for the rehabilitation of joints, arthritis, sore muscles, sports recovery, back pain, stress relief, and it also promotes a great night of sleep.
“With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt
Every “yin” needs a “yang,” just like every long hold will eventually flow through movement. It’s all about balancing what your body needs. This class starts out slow with poses that are held for longer periods (3-5 minutes) to create space in the body and release those pesky blockages in the connective tissues. The second half of class brings heat to the body with a gentle but powerful flow.